Yes, the posts have been sporadic. I’m aware of the sporadicness of the postings. Believe me that the management would like to desporadisize the entire process but the process has been inexplicably extrasporadisized. And now for something completely different…
- Because I know that he has a disturbingly rabid following amongst certain of my readers, we’ll start with Nathan Fillion news. The Firefly and Castle star is rumored to be cast as Dr. Hank Pym in The Avengers.
- Last week came the good news that the racist twin robots would not be returning in Transformers 3, now comes the news that neither will Megan Fox. The soon-to-be-Lindsay-Lohan-level-has-been’s contract not being picked up for the third film probably has nothing to do with a recent interview she gave comparing director Michael Bay to Hitler. Probably nothing to do with that. Also, Alan Tudyk (Firefly) has joined the cast.
- Captain America will be shooting in London. I want to go on record that that seems a bit off. Captain Britain (yes, he exists) will now have to be shot in Toledo.
- Josh Brolin has joined the cast of Men in Black III.
- Want to hear what Eddie Murphy’s thoughts on Nutty Professor 3, which he’s writing. “We kind of wrote something that might be kind of funny.” BAM. Confidence. Love it.
- I would tell you that Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is being filmed in 3-D, but I am officially boycotting 3-D news unless it involves me being given money for reporting on it.
- Ewan McGregor has signed on to Director Terry Gilliam’s long in the works Don Quixote.
- Video game duo, Kane & Lynch, will be coming to the big screen starring Jamie Foxx and Bruce Willis. Still waiting for the first good video game movie, guys. Just saying.
- The CW has renewed One Tree Hill and announced next season will be Smallville‘s last. CBS has canceled The New Adventures of Old Christine, Numb3rs, Cold Case, and The Ghost Whisperer. NBC renewed Chuck and canceled Heroes and Law & Order, denying it the chance have its 21st season and break Gunsmoke‘s record as the longest running drama in TV history. ABC has renewed V and canceled Flashforward and Scrubs
- Linda Hamilton (Terminator) is joining the cast of Weeds.
- DVD Release Dates:
Burn Notice: The Complete Third Season, June 1st
The Bounty Hunter, July 13th
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, June 22nd
- Box Office
1. Iron Man 2, $52.0 million
2. Robin Hood, $36.1 million
3. Letters to Juliet, $13.5 million
4. Just Wright, $8.3 million
5. How to Train Your Dragon, $5.0 million (passed $200 million total)
- Rolling Stone Album Chart
1. My World 2.0 by Justin Bieber
2. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
3. High Violet by The National
4. Iron Man 2 Soundtrack by AC/DC
5. Sea of Cowards by Jack White and the Cowards
- Bestselling Video Games
1. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, DS
2. Wii Sports, Wii
3. Pokemon Heart Gold, DS
4. New Super Mario Bros, Wii
5. Wii Sports Resort, Wii
- New York Times Hardcover Bestsellers
1. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
2. The 9th Judgment by James Patterson
3. Innocent by Scott Turow
4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
5. Deliver Us from Evil by David Baldacci