Solo: A Star Wars Story was the second embattled Star Wars film to hit theaters in six months. Unlike The Last Jedi, Solo flopped at the box office. Despite making $212 million in the US and $385 million worldwide, the entry is the lowest grossing film in SW franchise history and has put the entire slate of future spin-off films on hold while Disney tries to get things back on-track with next year’s Episode IX. Solo flies into home theaters on digital September 14th and on 4K and Blu Ray September 28, 2018. Full details on the disc’s deleted scenes and special features below from Coming Soon.
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Directed by Ron Howard, the fun-filled galactic heist movie stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Paul Bettany. Joonas Suotamo returns to play Chewbacca.
To create the unique look of the film, some of the industry’s top talent was recruited, including Academy Award® nominee Bradford Young, director of photography; two-time Academy Award–winning editor Pietro Scalia; Dominic Tuohy, special effects supervisor; Rob Bredow, visual effects supervisor; and John Powel, score composed and adapted by.
They are joined by returning Star Wars veteran crew members: Neil Lamont, production designer; Neal Scanlan, special creature effects; David Crossman and Glyn Dillon, costume designers; Jamie Wilkinson, prop master; Lisa Tomblin-Fitzpatrick, hair designer; and Amanda Knight, makeup designer.
The legendary John Williams is credited with the “Han Solo Theme” and original Star Wars music.