Back on Wednesdays and back after a brief hiatus, we obviously have much to cover so let’s get to it!
- The Emmys were this past Sunday and-as per usual-I did not watch because I tend to get angry during awards shows and there is a “no throwing things at the TV” rule in our house. No love for Lost in it’s final brilliant year? No award for Conan? Is Jon Hamm ever going to win? Arrrgh. Fine, have your winners!
Best Supporting Actor-Comedy Series: Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family
Best Writing-Comedy Series: Modern Family
Best Supporting Actress-Comedy Series: Jane Lynch, Glee
Best Directing-Comedy Series: Glee
Best Actor-Comedy: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Best Actress-Comedy: Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Best Reality Show: Top Chef
Best Writing-Drama Series: Mad Men
Best Supporting Actor-Drama Series: Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad
Best Supporting Actress-Drama Series: Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife
Best Actor-Drama Series: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Best Directing-Drama Series: Dexter
Best Actress-Drama Series: Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer
Best Variety Series: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Best Supporting Actress in Miniseries or Movie: Julia Ormand, Temple Grandin
Best Supporting Actor in Miniseries or Movie: David Strathairn, Temple Grandin
Best Writing-Miniseries or Movie: You Don’t Know Jack
Best Actress-Miniseries or Movie: Claire Danes, Temple Grandin
Best Directing-Minieseries or Movie: Temple Grandin
Best Actor-Miniseries or Movie: Al Pacino, You Don’t Know Jack
Best Miniseries: The Pacific
Best TV Movie: Temple Grandin
Best Drama Series: Mad Men
Best Comedy Series: Modern Family
- TBS has announced that Conan O’Brien’s new show will be called simply Conan.
- Will Forte has departed SNL after eight seasons with the show.
- The Walking Dead, AMC’s adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s zombie comic, which will blow all of our minds and I will hype like sliced bread, will debut on Halloween at 10 p.m.
- Jonathan Liebesman will replace Louis Leterrier as the director of Clash of the Titans 2: Now with More Kraken (….ok so the last bit’s mine but it would be a fine start!).
- George Clooney will direct an adaptation of the play Farragut North starring himself, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Chris Pine, and Evan Rachel Wood.
- Warner Bros. is planning a film based on the Battle of Midway done by the team behind Band of Brothers and The Pacific.
- Former Dr. Who, Sylvester McCoy, is in talks to join the cast of The Hobbit but not as Bilbo. Yeah still no director. Peter Jackson says he will announce his plans “soon” and also said he wants to develop a period ANZAC (combined Australia/New Zealand armed forces for those not in the know) war film. Wonder which would do better….
- Sylvester Stallone wants Bruce Willis to play the villain in Expendables 2: Now Even More Expendable (I have to stop doing that).
- John Cusack will be playing Edgar Allen Poe in The Raven.
- Disney has become the first studio to ever have two $1 billion films in worldwide gross in one year as Toy Story 3 joined Alice in Wonderland this week in the club.
- Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) has joined the cast of Mission: Impossible IV which apparently won’t be called that but I’m out of clever mock titles to suggest.
- The first Marvel film of the Disney era will be Iron Fist.
- Despite making little to no money, they are already making a sequel to Piranha 3-D.
- DVD/Blu Ray Release Dates
Avatar 3 Disc Collector’s Edition, November 16th
Blair Witch Project (BD), October 5th
Californication: The Complete Third Season, November 9th
Exterminators, November 2nd
Fantastia/Fantasia 2000, November 30th
Grown-Ups, November 9th
Hard Candy, October 5th
Predators, October 19th
White Christmas (BD), November 2nd
The Wiz (BD), November 2nd
- Box Office
1. Takers, $20.5 million
2. The Last Exorcism, $20.4 million
3. The Expendables, $9.5 million
4. Eat, Pray, Love, $6.8 million
5. The Other Guys, $6.3 million
- Billboard Top Albums
1. Recovery by Eminem
2. Intimacy Vol. III by Kem
3. God Willin’ and the Creek Don’t Rise by Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs
4. The Final Frontier by Iron Maiden
5. Cowboy’s Back in Town by Trace Adkins
- Video Game Bestsellers
1. A.C.E, PS3
2. Madden NFL 11, Xbox 360
3. Madden NFL 11, PS3
4. Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty, PC
5. Wii Sports, Wii
- New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
Unavailable due to the stubborn nature of their stupid website. Take that NYT!