The Liebster Award
Several weeks ago, my blogging and Xbox compadre, Erratic Mess (who is awesome and whose blog you should check out at erraticmess.wordpress.com) nominated me for a Liebster Blogging Award. The first week I went around telling everyone that I was up for a Liebster. You’d be surprised how few people ask the following question: what is that? As near as I can tell, it is a wholly made up blogging tip-of-the-cap dating back to 2010 when someone began it and it has been pinballing across the tubes of the Interwebs ever since. “Liebster” is German for “beloved” and my name in Hebrew (there’s a cultural combo) means “beloved of God”, so I feel this validates me wholly in assuming I am possibly the most popular person in the universe. My wife thinks that may be overreaching….but she’s not up for a Liebby….Liebsty….doesn’t shorten well, does it?
- Post eleven facts about yourself. (I reserve the right to lie)
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated. (….fine)
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post. (I don’t care how many you have)
- Go to their page and tell them. (No, that seems like a lot of effort)
- Remember, no tag backs. (*Throws a Liebster at Erratic Mess*)
11 Facts about Myself (I have decided not to lie…it might risk my beloved status):
1. I am beloved. Clearly.
2. I once lived on a cargo ship.
3. I have two dogs, both named for characters from Tolkien.
4. I have moved eleven times (that, by the way, is ten too many).
5. I spent enough time in college to become a doctor, but unwisely did not.
6. I have a caffeine addiction that is practically a sentient entity.
7. I become almost instantly bored with things that don’t hold my…..shiny….
8. I have had insomnia for 18 years (this may have a correlation with item 6)
9. I pitched submarine-style as a Little Leaguer and struck out or beaned nearly every batter I ever faced. This was obviously before becoming beloved.
10. I am always reading at least six things. Not simultaneously. That would be awesome. Also logistically difficult.
11. I did-in fact-drive my fiancée’s car, through her house, at the exact
moment she was being laid off from her job. There is a fuller account of
this in the archives of KT. As mistakes go, it was almost unparalledly epic. Plus, she still married me proving (to come full circle) I am beloved.
11 Answers for Erratic Mess:
1. If you discovered a planet, and thus were granted the privilege, what would you name it? First of all, if I find it, I will likely rule it as an interstellar despot, but assuming that was off the table due to paperwork issues: is it an ice world? Hoth. Desert? Tatooine. Water? Not-Dune. Earthish? Middle Earth.
2. Out of any animal in the world, which would you be? Dragon. Hmm? I beg to differ. Dragon.
3. Popcorn, candy, or both? NEITHER! RULEBREAKER!
4. When playing a video game, do you prefer RPG’s, Shooter, or Racing? I cannot drive well in real life as has been clearly demonstrated in personal fact #11 so I do not enjoy simulating it. Shooters are ok unless they are Bioshock, in which case they are specawesomular (trademark). RPGs are what got me into video games in the first place.
5. What’s the last concert you attended? A symphony orchestra performance of…the greatest themes from super hero movies. Thought it was going to get classy there for a sec, eh? Conductor dressed as Batman.
6. The Cheshire Cat or the Mad Hatter? I am allergic to cats and anyone who has bothered to read this far has already checked the Mad Hatter box so I won’t mention that I have both a Mad Hatter hat and T-shirt….that may have still slipped out….
7. How do you feel about heights? I feel they should remain higher than wherever I happen to be. I feel conversely regarding depths.
8. How many languages do you speak? Sterling English, Abysmal Spanish, French Curse Words, Passable Elvish. So one.
9. What is your most anticipated event of 2013? Meeting Smaug.
10. Do you pin(terest)? (It’s funny how so many people are addicted to that thing…) I Tweet, Blog, Facebook, Email and Text. I am maxed out on communicatory activities. That was a no, for clarity’s sake.
11. Did you prefer science or history in school? History. History is a story. I like stories. Science involved reality (purportedly). I dislike reality.
11 Questions for my bloggers:
1. What was the last bad movie you watched solely to mock it?
2. If you could begin life again at any age what would it be and why?
3. Why are babies allowed on planes when the windows are perfectly baby-shaped?
4. If stupid was painful, would life be improved? Discuss.
5. Name three books that changed your life. If you cannot, lie.
6. What should Episode VII be called?
7. How beloved are you? Justify.
8. You awake to find giant robots attacking your house. Before entering your panic room/rocket ship, what three things do you grab? People do not count. Panic room seats one. Don’t blame me, you should have planned better.
9. What movie that everyone purports to love, do you actually hate…A LOT?
10. In the coming zombie apocalypse, what color will your lightsaber be?
11. What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?
My nominees (in no order whatsoever)
I shall tag you in the post, but some of you do not have easily postable sections and by this point in the drafting of this epic response I, though clearly beloved, am also weary so I’m not Liebster slapping you (not a real thing).
1. Shoving Buddies
2. Cinema Parrot Disco
4. Author Allen Watson
5. The Accidental Cootchie Mama
6. Today I Watched a Movie
7. Claratsi Movie Review
9. Love Your Movies
10. PowerUp Online