Jeremy Renner has become one of Hollywood’s most consistent leading men over the last decade. Since hitting A-list status with back-to-back Oscar nominated performances in The Hurt Locker and The Town, Renner has continued to pump out both quality dramas like Wind River, American Hustle, Arrival, and Kill the Messenger. He’s also part of both the Mission Impossible and Marvel Cinematic Universe franchises, contributing to some of the biggest blockbusters of the last few years. He’s a solid leading man and action star with a talent for portraying everyman characters in the tradition of Harrison Ford.
Jeremy Renner’s Best 10
1. Captain America: Civil War (2016) Clint Barton/Hawkeye
2. Arrival (2016) Ian Donnelly
3. Wind River (2017) Cory Lambert
4. The Avengers (2012) Clint Barton/Hawkeye
5. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011) Brandt
6. The Town (2010) James Coughlin
7. American Hustle (2013) Mayor Carmine Polito
8. The Hurt Locker (2008) Staff Sgt. William James
9. North Country (2005) Bobby Sharp
10. Kill the Messenger (2014) Gary Webb
Honorable Mention: Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) Clint Barton/Hawkeye
Oscars, Golden Globes & Emmys
Oscar Wins (0): None
Oscar Nominations (2): The Hurt Locker (2010), The Town (2011)
Golden Globe Wins (0): None
Golden Globe Nominations (1): The Town (2011)
Emmy Wins (0): None
Emmy Nominations (0): None
My Favorite Renner Scene:
“You Cannot Blink” from Wind River (2017)
*There’s actually a scene of Renner’s more powerful than this, but as the film is still in the theater, I’ll have to wait to update it when it hits video.
Next Film: Renner, along with roughly 50 or 60 other veterans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will next appear in Avengers: Infinity War. It will be Renner’s fifth appearance as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, and the film is scheduled to release May 4, 2018. Sadly, at least according to the cast list, it doesn’t look like Renner will be returning to his other franchise, Mission Impossible, for its sixth installment next year.